What should you spend your extra money on after all bills and debts are paid? Let's go over the 4 things to intelligently spend your money on.
1. Invest in Yourself
- Buy books and audio programs.
- Buy online courses and learn new skills.
- Buy a seat to a certification exam and study materials.
- Buy exercise programs or gym memberships.
- Buy healthy foods to eat.
- Buy appropriate services for healthcare, dental, and vision.
- Buy secondary health services like haircuts, massages, and other confidence building and stress reducing activities.
- Buy items to help you pursue your hobbies or to find new ones.
2. Invest in Your Business
- Buy new platforms or tools.
- Hire employees to do tedious work you don't want to do.
- Buy better hardware.
- Buy advertising or marketing services.
- Buy business coaching.
- Hire professional services to make sure you're at the top of your game (Accounting, Tax, Legal, Cybersecurity, Copywriting, SEO, Programming, etc.).
3. Invest in Assets
- Buy secondary businesses like established web properties.
- Buy real estate like multifamily homes.
4. Invest in Memorable Experiences
- Buy tickets to a sporting event, play, musical, or live show.
- Purchase destination getaways and vacations.
- Start a home project that your whole family can get involved in.
- Invest in charitable causes and make a difference.
Notice how I ordered these. You don't need to be taking a vacation when you're broke. You don't need to be buying assets until you have an established business or side hustle, unless it's something you can afford or raise money for and helps with cashflow. You shouldn't rush out to start a business when you haven't done proper research or you don't have the proper skills.
Let me know in the comments below what is missing from this list. What's more, what do you intelligently spend your money on to improve you life?
Don't have extra money to spend? What have you tried so far? Have you realized the need for side income yet? You're a lot closer to extra money than you think.