AboutWhat is this all about, anyhow?
Hi, I’m Roy.
I help protect businesses, entrepreneurs, and VIPs.
Have you ever acquired some tech, regardless of whether it’s personal or enterprise, and realized it isn’t what it was cracked up to be?
Ever worked with a managed service provider or a 3rd party reseller who’s more interested in sales than relationship building?
What about receiving bad support that probably couldn’t even diagnose a missing computer?
First thing, I certainly hope you’ve worked with the converse of the above – great people who put the craft above themselves. But either way, if you stick around, you’ll learn a few ways IT and cybersecurity can really help you meet your business objectives. Those cost centers don’t have to be a black hole where a part of your budget goes to die.
That’s the focus here at Best of Roy. Not only can you expect IT and cybersecurity content, you can also expect business and people related content.
Continue reading below for more information or take a look around. Let me know how I can help.
What’s in it For You If You Stick Around
- Read up on implementation notes, resources, primers, whitepapers, and more best practice information for Information security – Like security awareness and technical cybersecurity.
- Learn about your brain backup or productivity skills you didn’t even know you had by using office and productivity apps – Instruction in Microsoft Excel, Evernote, G Suite, and more.
- Insights and entrepreneurship through experiments and freelancing from the school of hard knocks.
- Traditional business discussion and implementation with IT departments and businesses as a whole (I did earn an MBA with honors after all).
- The outcome of slapping a little vision in your tech operations.
- I will show you how learning digital marketing, internet business, and copywriting made me a better IT and cybersecurity pro.
Join Me For a Journey of Tech and Experiences
If you’ve ever met an IT person, you’ve probably noticed that they’re a little weird. As someone who’s done IT for the last 15 years, including cybersecurity, I can confirm that we’re a special lot.
My IT journey started with a love of tech and that’s all I ever hoped to do. I had no idea that tech was merely a fraction of what was actually involved in working in IT.
If you are an IT person reading this, greetings fellow nerd. I hope to also help you.
Either way, stick around for tales and tips from an IT pro.
What People Are Saying
Roy has helped us develop our cybersecurity program from nothing. I know he will do well in new ventures.
Roy was instrumental in improving the view of IT within the Company and sharing his knowledge…
Roy and his team were an asset to the campus. Thank you for providing stellar customer service.
My Mission, Including the Diverse Range of Content
Simply put I’m interested in many things and I subscribe to the notion that you should write up your journies, experiences, and insights and share them so others may benefit.
I had always been a note taker, a goal writer, and overall documentation weirdo. If I went through something, there’s a checklist stashed somewhere. I have so many handwritten notes in addition to my digital office documents and Evernotes.
What’s interesting though is the website topics I’m interested in aren’t exactly opposites of each other. Do you think information security and cybersecurity are important to WordPress and internet businesses as a whole? Of course. What about IT certifications and side hustles? Can there be some overlap in those topics? You betcha.
It doesn’t stop there. Becoming an MBA superstar and learning internet marketing made me a better IT security professional a thousand times over.
I want to experience new things and meet cool new people. Why not help you or another reader do the same? If a particular topic interests you, feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.