Your PC immediately powers back on unexpectedly after you put your computer in sleep or hibernation mode.
This is incredibly frustrating. To fix it, try the following in this post.
This is the method I used. I found the application Samsung Magician was causing my PC to immediately power on.
- Start menu.
- Type cmd in the search box.
powercfg -devicequery wake_armedto get detailed answers quickly.
Troubleshooting For PC Immediately Powers Back On
- Start menu.
- Start typing Event Viewer in the Search box and select Event Viewer.
- Expand Windows Logs.
- Click System.
- In Actions pane, click Filter Current Log….
- Use the Logged drop down menu to select an appropriate time range.
- In the Event sources list, select Power-Troubleshooter and then click OK.
- Select the date and time for the event that you want to view.
- Under the General tab, view the Wake Source for the event.
Some people find their webcam, mouse, or keyboard sends the wake up call, even if the devices haven't been touched. If you have a device that quickly turns on your PC, the solution would simply be to uncheck Allow this device to wake up the computer on your devices.
Well after figuring this out on my own, I stumbled on a question from StackExchange that can provide a little more context if you're not quite sure that this post is about. You can read more about this on the superuser question on this sleep/hibernate topic.